The POV #TIFF17 Hub!
- Documentaries are stronger than ever at TIFF – Marc Glassman
-An introduction to the TIFF Docs line-up
Features and Interviews
- Thom Powers Talks TIFF Docs – MG
-Recommendations from the Toronto International Film Festival’s international documentary programmer
- Gentle Giants: Denis Côté‘s A Skin So Soft – Pat Mullen
-Denis Côté explores masculinity in all its forms in this droll film.
- The Façade of Settler Patriotism: Wayne Wapeemukwa Talks Luk’Luk’I – PM
-Director Wayne Wapeemukwa discusses his innovative new hybrid film Luk’Luk’I, which casts residents from Vancouver’s East Side in an alternate take on the 2010 Winter Olynpic Games.
- A Story of Hope: Matt Embry Talks Living Proof – PM
-Director and subject Matt Embry discusses stepping before the camera to share his personal experience being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and sharing the message of alternative treatments.
- ‘Everything in this conflict is about control’: Violeta Ayala Talks Cocaine Prison – Anastasia Akulinina
- Cocaine Prison, the latest documentary from Bolivian born indigenous filmmaker Violeta Ayala, provides a shocking insight into the world of drug trafficking in Bolivia.
- ‘I want people in Toronto to feel like it’s ours’: The Carter Effect – Jonas Jacobs
- A profile of Sean Menard’s The Carter Effect about Toronto Raptor Vince Carter and executive produced by Drake.
- ‘Find Something You Love’: Brett Morgen Talks Jane – MG
-Director Brett Morgen (Cobain: Montage of Heck) talks about his new film about Dr. Jane Goodall, a romantic epic that spans the history of non-fiction film.
- 3/4 – PM
- Azmaish: A Journey Through the Subcontinent – PM
- Beyond the One – Tyler Prozeniuk
- Caniba – Daniel Glassman
- The China Hustle – DG
- Creatura Dada – PM
- Dragonfly Eyes – DG
- Drop by Drop – PM
- Everlasting Mom – PM
- Faces Places – Judy Wolfe
- The Final Year – DG
- Gaga: Five Foot Two – PM
- Good Luck – DG
- The Gospel According to Andre – AA
- Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami – PM
- I, Tonya – PM
- Jane – DG
- Jim & Andy – the great beyond – PM
- The Judge – AA
- Long Time Running – PM
- Lots of Kids, a Monkey and a Castle – PM
- Makala – DG
- Mrs. Fang – DG
- North of Superior – Jason Anderson
- Nuuca – PM
- Of Sheep and Men – PM
- On My Way Out: The Secret Life of Noni and Popi – Matt Hays
- One of Us – PM
- The Other Side of Everything – DG
- Our People Will Be Healed -PM
- Picture of Light – JA
- Roadside Attraction – PM
- Sammy Davis Jr., I’ve Gotta Be Me – PM
- Scotty and the Secret History of Hollywood – PM
- Silas – PM
- The Tesla World Light – PM
- There is a House Here – PM
Red Carpet Photos
TIFF runs Sept. 7-17. Visit TIFF.net for more information on this year’s festival.