The POV DOXA Hub
Stay tuned for ongoing coverage from Vancouver’s coolest documentary festival!
Features and Interviews
- DOXA Pushes the Boundaries – Nancy Lanthier
-BC films The Road Forward, Vancouver: No Fixed Address and For Dear Life highlight the BC festival.
- The POV Interview: Thierry Garrel – Marc Glassman
-In an expansive multi-part interview, POV programmer Marc Glassman talks with Thierry Garrel, programmer of DOXA’s FRENCH FRENCH retrospective on doc master Chris Marker.
- Global Lenses – Daniel Glassman
- A Moon of Nickel and Ice and Let There Be Light examine issue that affect the world.
- Working the Dream – NL
-Vancouver filmmaker Julia Ivanova immerses herself in Fort McMurray’s millennial generation.
- The Freshmen – Pat Mullen
-Ali Weinstein’s DOXA selection Mermaids is among the notable first features by Canadian directors this year.
- Message in the Music – Jason Anderson
-Music plays a central role in three very different films: Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked the World and Tokyo Idols. (Pick up a copy of POV 106 to read!)
- 78/52 – Jason Gorber
- The Challenge – Liam Lacey
- Complicit -PM
- PACmen – JG
- Quest – JG
- Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked the World – JG
- Swagger – MA
DOXA runs May 4-14. *Vist DOXAfestival.ca for more information.