The POV DOXA 2020 Hub
This year’s DOXA Documentary Festival is moving online! For all the best tips on what to stream at Vancouver’s favourite documentary festival, bookmark the POV DOXA Hub for reviews and interviews for films screening at this year’s festival. DOXA runs June 18 to 26.
Features and Interviews
- At DOXA 2020, the World Is Just a Streaming Link Away – Pat Mullen
-Previewing the 2020 edition of DOXA
- The POV Interview: Mira Burt-Wintonick on Wintopia – Marc Glassman
-In our new cover story, POV’s editor discusses a new film that is a fitting tribute to Canada’s “documentary ambassador” Peter Wintonick by his daughter Mira. Wintopia is this year’s opening night selection for DOXA.
- Michèle Stephenson on Stateless and the Battle of Narratives – Pat Mullen
-The director discusses her compelling study of institutionalized racism past and present.
- The Forbidden Reel: Passion Over Politics – Victor Stiff
-Ariel Nasr’s new NFB film The Forbidden Reel shares rare excerpts from classic Afghan cinema and images of life pre-Taliban.
- From Kenya with Love and Fear – Liam Lacey
-Director Sam Soko’s Softie profiles photojournalist and activist Boniface “Softie” Mwangi.
- Radical Health: A Threat to the Nation – Dina Lobo
-Mia Donovan discusses her new film Dope Is Death.